Therapists at Kadziolka and Associates believe therapy is a supportive process of trust and willingness. Using treatment as an exploration of opportunity, we help you identify your current difficulties and explore growth opportunities. We invite you to push through your current limits.
We utilize collaboration and compassionate approaches to help you move toward your treatment goals. Kadziolka and Associate therapists are knowledgeable and experienced, and strong believers in the healing power of relationship.
Therapy models used and offered by our team include:
- Dialectical Behavioral Therapy (DBT) – focuses on developing and maintaining healthy and enriched relationships and improved self-esteem. DBT skills training includes: Interpersonal Communication, Distress Tolerance, and Emotion Regulation. Specific tools and techniques are offered individually, in couples/family sessions, and in Psychoeducational groups. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dialectical_behavior_therapy
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT) – Thoughts, Feelings, and Actions are connected like a chain and interplay to produce healthy or difficult relationship with self and others. Clients are invited to explore difficult thoughts that may include worry, fear, shame, guilt, and inadequacy. Origins of negative thoughts are examined and critical self-talk is challenged. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cognitive_behavioral_therapy
- Regenerating Images in Memory (RIM) – Removing experience based blocks and patterns are the focus of this therapy. Difficult emotions are grounded and processed. Our therapists offer the opportunity for clients to determine what needs to be addressed, and how the processing will occur based on their comfort level. This is a very effective approach to finally changing negative life long patterns and blocks. This therapy is very useful for Trauma and unresolved fearful experiences. Research has repeatedly shown: unresolved life difficulties/trauma anchor in our bodies and often lead to physical and medical health problems. One RIM session can often process & heal deeply seated struggles that may take traditional talk therapies upwards of 20+ sessions – RIM can be face-to-face, Skype, or Telephone. http://www.riminstitute.com/
- Emotion Focused Family Therapy (EFFT) - Known as an innovative treatment that supports learning the message of our emotions. Emotions are no longer seen as positive or negative, but rather as messengers of what is needed or missing in your life; For example: anger is identified as a message indicating a limit has been violated. Reframing emotions as indicators of what needs our attention; emotions are then identified as normal and necessary. You are then freed to change resulting behavior without guilt, shame, or judgment. This therapy is vey useful for Anger Management, Eating Disorders, Anxiety & Depression. https://emotionfocusedfamilytherapy.org/
- Transformative Mediation (TM) – Separation and Divorce can be difficult. Couples and Family communication can move through the process in a positive way utilizing a third party mediator. As an impartial facilitator, we have counselors trained in provincial Transformative Mediation system.
- Eating Disorder Model of Recovery – Using the EFFT model and connecting with a medical team of support and therapists from the Looking Glass Residential Foundation (http://www.lookingglassbc.com/residential-care). Cindy Kadziolka has the passion and residential experience to knowledgably work with individuals and families. Along with offering tangible skills for parents to fully engage in the process (by learning to be recovery and emotion coaches), EFFT balances empathy and compassion with firm limits that support symptom interruption, relationship repair, and behavioral change. Individuals learn to challenge Eating Disordered thoughts and behaviors within a supportive family environment.